6/25/12

May the Good times Continue...!!!

 This summer has been busy but fun. Connor is getting bigger, blonder, and darker than me and Everett. Everett is still doing great in school and work. And I am working hard to be a great wife and mother.
 Last weekend we got to see Caden's soccer game. I am glad he invited us because it was lots of fun and he did great. It is always a joy to see family when we go home!!!


 Colton is so sweet. He kept giving baby Connor big hugs throughout the game. Such a cutie.

 Connor had a ball getting passed around from person to person. Every time we go home he gets a little nervous that people surround him suddenly with smiles, squeaks, and open arms ;)

 My bester and her family and so cute. We always have fun getting together, talking about our husbands, and playing with our babies!!!

 Dominic is getting bigger and cuter every time I see him!

Connor loves his uncle Jarom and aunt Sarah. They entertained him all week. I don't know how I am going to make up for all the fun he had recently...I can't be 7 people at once!

 We found out Connor sports the middle part fashionably.

 Everyone talked Everett into cutting Connor's hair because it really was getting way too long.

 He kept saying no. We told him he could be the one to do it and that we would get pictures and everything. Finally he gave in. The cool thing is that it was Father's Day and Connor's very first hair cut. Now his hair is all blonde...No more red...sad but happy. Sad because it's not like mine but happy because he looks exactly like his dad now and he doesn't have a random girl bang in front!

 This weekend we went to Lava Hot Springs for the annual O'Driscoll family reunion! This is one of the only times I get to see my niece Mya and nephews Braedon and Gabe. I love seeing them and better get to know Ev's family.

 I rode up with Cheryl, Connor, and Grandma and Grandpa O'Driscoll. Cheryl and I just talked the whole way...about food which made us hungry :) It was pretty fun/scary yeah because grandpa drove!

 Mom did great with everything she had on her plate. She talked about the possibility of not doing Lava trips anymore!!!! NO!!!!!! We will do more next year. I promise. I love getting to know everyone at Lava and have had so much fun these last two years!!! Lava trips must go on :)

 Connor loves his cousin Mya so much because she plays with him and always gets him to smile and laugh. They get along so good and I love it.

Breadon, Gabe, and Connor are such cute cousins!

 All the kids love Uncle Brian!

 Connor is so cute even when he spits his tongue at mommy ;)

 Connor loved the water just like we expected. He always has and I hope he always will!

 Everyone had a great time at the pool...

 We..
*Played Basketball
*(me and Everett) went down the big boy slide ;)
*laid outside in the sun
*played with the kids
*and got sunburns!!!

 I love these kids so much!!!!
Caryssa and Breadon- a special story...
Seeing my nephews Breadon, Gabe, Lucas, and my niece Mya has been a special highlight since I married Everett. They love me and I love them so so much. Every summer it is O'Driscoll tradition to go to Lava Hot Springs to have a family reunion. This year was very fun...we took Connor to the pool and he loved it, we made shishkabobs, Ashley gave us her tent, Everett lost his wedding ring down the river, we told stories and sang songs around the campfire, and I had the opportunity to share something special with my nephew. After eating far too many smores I looked across the campfire at my nephew Breadon. He is such a cool little guy, I thought. I figured I better tell him that...
"Breadon, you're awesome buddy!"
"Thanks" he replied with a big smile. The thought came to me to tell him he was a child of God. I pushed it away a little but it came back. I was nervous but I gestured for him to come to me.
"Do you want to know why you are so awesome?" I asked. He looked at me like sure... 
"Yeah..." he said, and I continued,
"because you are a child of God"
"Huh?" he was confused.
"You know God?" I pointed up "up in heaven?"
"Yeah?"
"He is your Father." I told him. His eyes beamed and my heart melted. "And guess what?", he looked at me excitedly. "He is my Father too. We are really brother and sister. Isn't that cool Breadon?" He smiled big and nodded his head. He was sincerely fascinated. After he sat back down, I looked over at Everett who overheard our conversation, I couldn't help but cry. Everett walked over and held me in his arms understandingly. I knew that he had a hard time with them not being taught the gospel by their parents too. Everyone asked what was wrong. But I couldn't tell them...it just hit me to the core that this little boy I loved never learned that he was a child of God. I was also touched by the spirit because he knew what I was saying was true. I could see it in his eyes when I told him. Breadon is awesome and now he could really understand why! I am so happy I was blessed with this experience in my life. This special story has helped me see the blessings of sharing the gospel, both for the one teaching and the one learning. I love my family, I love the gospel, and I love the knowledge that we are all children of a very loving Father in heaven...!!!

 Goofy goofs ;)

AND I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! It was Braedon's idea. He said, "let's take a cute one...KISSING CONNOR!!!" I had a really nice time. Surprisingly I also had spiritual experiences that I will never forget. I love my family. I love my life and more than anything I love the Savior, who makes all the best things possible. REMEMBER: The greatest things in life aren't things!!! I believe this and pray I never forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment